Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been looking for recipes that contain Shiitake mushrooms. I discovered this recipe on Recipelink.com
- 8 ounces pencil thin fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot (use onion if shallots are unavailable)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, slices chopped
- Cut asparagus spears in 1/2 lengthwise, 7 into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in wok& add the shallots& ginger.
- Sauté until just tender.
- Add the asparagus& mushrooms.
- Season w/ salt& pepper& cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vermouth& cover.
- Cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice, Sprinkle with the orange (fresh) zest.
- Cook 1 more minute.
Very good! I made this with dried mushrooms that a hydrated in hot water till soft.Used fresh ginger root. Thanks
I am not sure that I trimmed these the way intended. Regardless, it made a very nice side dish. I used dried shitake mushrooms that were reconstituted and decreased the amount of ginger to 1 teaspoon.