- 1419.54 ml kale (about 1 large bunch)
- 946.0 ml boiling water, for blanching kale
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear the leaves off the kale into bite-size pieces. Slice the stems into 1 inch long pieces.
- Blanch the stems for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, place in a strainer, quickly rinse under cold water to halt cooking.
- Blanch the kale leaves for 1 to 2 minutes, and rinse in a strainer under cold water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, stems and shoyu soy sauce. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over and toss to mix. Serve immediately after adding the lemon juice or the leaves may loose their bright green color.