Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Eden Foods. YUM.
Make and share this Sautéed Kale & Red Onions With Garlic and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- Tear the leaves off the kale into bite-size pieces. Slice the stems into 1 inch long pieces.
- Blanch the stems for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, place in a strainer, quickly rinse under cold water to halt cooking.
- Blanch the kale leaves for 1 to 2 minutes, and rinse in a strainer under cold water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, stems and shoyu soy sauce. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over and toss to mix. Serve immediately after adding the lemon juice or the leaves may loose their bright green color.
We had some frozen kale to use up and after a couple of smoothies I was ready for a side dish to a hot dish and this recipe was enjoyable - just enough flavor without anything overpowering any ingredient