Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very simple and quick meal...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant (sliced)
- 1⁄2 large onion (diced)
- 1 lb thinly sliced pork, strips (shabushabu-style pork works best)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with liquid (broken apart in can with knife)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- cooked rice
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley sprig
- Sauté eggplant in olive oil on medium heat until slightly translucent.
- Add onion and pork, stirring until the meat is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then turn down heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of rice on serving plate.
- Ladle eggplant mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with parsley sprig.