Recipe by JKRunning
this recipe came from my quick cooking magazine. It's really good in a pinch.
Top Review by TasteTester
We loved these. We had them for dinner, but they would be great for a brunch as well. I cooked the crust as stated, but then when I was finished cooking it with the rest of the ingredients according to the recipe, the crust was a little too brown. Next time, when the crust is first cooked by itself, I'll take it out when it's a little underdone. That way, when the filling is put in, the crust will not be overdone when the whole dish has finished cooking. We really liked this, and I plan on making it for Christmas morning. Thanks for posting this, JK.
- 226.79 g package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 453.59 g bulk pork sausage
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 29.58 ml chopped green peppers
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- unroll crescent dough into a greased 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage and onion over meduium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green pepper, oregano, pepper and garlic salt; pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with sausage mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.