Recipe by deinemuse
This was an awesome meal! I never had something this yummy and it all can be low fat and calorie!
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
After his first bite DH said "this one's a keeper," and I think he's right! I couldn't find hot italian turkey sausage, so I used sweet italian turkey sausage with about 1/4 t red pepper flakes thrown into the mix. I also doubled the garlic, as we are big fans. This was very pretty to look at, and DH has already asked me to make it again. Unlike other reviewers, we had no problem polishing off the whole thing!! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In skillet, remove sausage from casings, mush down to little cubes, cook sausage over medium heat until entirely cooked, drain.
- In large bowl, mix spinach, parmesan cheese, onions and garlic.
- Add cooked sausage to mixture and stir.
- Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on greased cooking dish.
- Spoon sausage mixture in 4-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of sausage mixture. Fold strips of dough up over sausage mixture to meet in center; pinch to seal.
- Bake at 375°F for 18 to 24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.