Recipe by lauralie41
A great soup to make for the weekend! Put all the ingredients in your crock pot and let cook all day. Supper will be will great with a bowl of this soup and some nice crusty bread.
Top Review by Chabear01
Made for KK's Recipe Tag Event. I made this with New York Style Sausage Companies Hot Italian Sausage, Next time will make it with one just a tad bit milder, but did not need to add the peppers this time. Out of 4 people this received 3 5star votes and my 4 star vote, sure I'd give it 5 if I hadn't used to spicy of sausage. We will be making this again, thank you for another great recipe. Sorry still no camera available to get a pic of just how pretty this came out.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 quart water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (more if desired)
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage (ground)
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Set your crock pot to low and add beans, tomato soup, water, onion and seasonings. Cook for one hour.
- Over medium high heat brown sausage in small skillet. Drain fat and place sausage on a plate that has been layered with paper towels. Let more grease get absorbed in paper towels than add sausage to the crock pot. Also add the potatoes and green pepper at this time. Continue to cook on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.