Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A true one pot meal, meat, vegies and rice. Sure to please.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 chicken sausage or 6 beef sausages or 6 pork sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 425 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots
- In a large and deep fry pan/skillet that has a lid, add the oil.
- On a medium high heat, add and fry the sausages.
- When cooked remove and chop sausages into bite size wheels.
- Do not remove the oil from the pan.
- Add the onions to the oil and fry until translucent (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the rice and stir to get coated in the oil.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (including the sausages).
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cover with the lid.
- Simmer for 35-45 minutes, do not lift lid and check until at least 35 minutes.
- Check to see if the rice is cooked at 35 minutes, cook a little more if required.
We LOVE this recipe! We chose it randomly one day and now make it very often! I am making it this weekend for our larger family of 11! I usually double the recipe and use fresh carrots instead of frozen (just because I don't have them!). It turns out great every time. I will vary the sausage - sometimes sweet Italian, sometimes kilbasa or smokes sausages. We like it best with an Italian sausage of some time. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!