Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy throw together dish....doesn't take long but has a lot of flavor.
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni, Chicken Fajita flavor
- 3 Polish sausage, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut crosswise and sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 cups water
- In skillet saute sausage, onion and green pepper until lightly browned.
- Add rice mix, seasoning packet and 2 1/2 cups of water and stir.
- Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender stirring occasionally. Add remaining water as needed.
Couldn't find the Chicken Fajita flavor so I just used a store-brand chicken flavored rice pack, so I had to use 3.5 cups of water. To make up for the different flavors I added some cumin and hot sauce. Otherwise I was able to follow the recipe exactly and it was so easy and tasty! A great, hearty meal when you don't feel like doing a whole lot. Thank you!