Recipe by 2SpiceItUp
This is a quick and easy throw together dish....doesn't take long but has a lot of flavor.
Top Review by DisasterInTheKitchen
Couldn't find the Chicken Fajita flavor so I just used a store-brand chicken flavored rice pack, so I had to use 3.5 cups of water. To make up for the different flavors I added some cumin and hot sauce. Otherwise I was able to follow the recipe exactly and it was so easy and tasty! A great, hearty meal when you don't feel like doing a whole lot. Thank you!
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni, Chicken Fajita flavor
- 3 Polish sausage, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut crosswise and sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet saute sausage, onion and green pepper until lightly browned.
- Add rice mix, seasoning packet and 2 1/2 cups of water and stir.
- Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender stirring occasionally. Add remaining water as needed.