Recipe by ChipotleChick
I made this recipe up from what I had handy in my cupboard. Yummy! If you want to reduce the fat, try using my recipe for homemade chicken apple sausage instead of regular. It has half the fat of regular sausage, and adds delicious flavors to this casserole.
Top Review by Linda Jones
Very Good!! I used turkey sausage and veggie "sausage" in place of bulk sausage. I also used a mixture of tofu shredded cheese mixed with lowfat shredded cheese. Calorie count probably isn't much better, but it helps with lowfat stats for our purposes. Thanks for the recipe!!!!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby cheese
- 1 lb bulk sausage, crumbled, cooked, and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Tabasco sauce (chipotle or regular)
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil potato slices for 1 minute, drain.
- Place potatoes into 8x10-inch covered casserole.
- Sprinkle with pepper and Tabasco.
- Cover with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Layer on cooked sausage.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese, dill, caraway, and milk.
- Cover, and bake 45-50 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.