Potato & Maple Sausage Casserole
photo by SugarGliderSuz
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes & onion. Cover and cook until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- In the meantime, brown maple sausage in a separate skillet. Once browned, drain & rinse sausage to remove excess fat.
- Combine potato mixture with sausage in 9x13 pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve while hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just needed an idea and this recipe worked out perfectly. I had maple sausage thawed out that needed to be used. I had potatoes (used six small/medium,) yellow onions and cheddar cheese on hand, and that's what I used, along with a little fresh-dried thyme. Pretty sure we used well over a cup of shredded cheese - I let my husband do the shredding and he knows I love cheese. He and I ate the entire casserole that night!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay-at-home mom & wife who loves to cook for her family. I do have an at-home business: I breed Sugar Gliders (a small marsupial similar to flying squirrels) and sell supplies and foods for them. If you are interested in finding out more about Sugar Gliders, please check out my web-site at: www.suzsugargliders.com