Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe is from the 2012 Pillsbury Bake Off, submitted by Maria Vasseur.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagebulk reduced-fat pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canmuir glen organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 6 land o lakes eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in pesto. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll crescent dough into 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Press dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides. Press perforations to seal. Spoon sausage into dough-lined dish. Sprinkle tomatoes and feta cheese over sausage. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over ingredients in dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
A 5 star keeper recipe according to my husband. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)