1/2 Photos of Sausage & Madras Curry Veggies
I got some organic curry chicken sausage from my local farmer's market, but was stumped about how to cook it. I just experimented, and this recipe is the result. I used the curry chicken sausage the first time I made this, but the second time I used an Italian-style chicken sausage, and it was good too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-2 inch strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/3 lb pea pods
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Cook sausage in wok over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until desired crispiness. Remove, and set aside on a paper towel.
- 2Melt butter in wok over medium heat, then add green onions and curry powder and stir for one minute. Blend in brown sugar, ginger and salt, and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 3Add carrots, and stir to coat. Stir-fry over high heat for for 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender-crisp.
- 4Add bell pepper, pea pods, milk, and cornstarch to wok. Mix well, cover, and lower heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until all vegetables are cooked.
- 5Mix in cooked sausage, and stir for 1 more minute, or until hot. Serve over brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage & Madras Curry Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 1506.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g