Madras Curry Paste
photo by Gerry B.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander seeds, dry-roasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, dry roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (such as cayenne.......not the SW seasoning..)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 -4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Put all ingredients except vinegar into small bowl and mix together well.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Keep for up to one month in an airtight container in fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy to make and looking forward to using.<br/>Tweaked only by the use of some oil to prevent drying out before I get chance to use.<br/>As we all know the paste is only half the story and the pleasure will come when I decide which meat I'm going to use this with and how I decide to proceed with the sauce.<br/>Hope you include my picture.