Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
My DH's grandmother used to use this for Christmas morning.
Top Review by Auvan
This was sooo good!! We had it for dinner tonight. I put it together this morning and let it sit in the refrigerator all day. I used 2 lbs of mild sausage and a mixture of cheddar and monterey-jack cheese. It turned out great. I did have to cook it for about 55 minutes to make sure the egg was done to my liking. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 6 slice bread, cut off crust if desired
- 907.18 g sausage (1 hot and 1 regular)
- 354.88 ml sharp longhorn cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter bread lightly.
- Place bread into 13x9x2" baking dish, butter side up, set aside. Cook and drain sausage, crumble. Spoon over bread.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Combine eggs, half and half, and salt. Mix well and pour over cheese. Chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 35 minute.