Recipe by CutiePieHentai
A hearty meal a man can make from "A Man, A Can, A Plan." My honey makes it for us, but we use individual baking dishes and I measure out my ingredients since I'm watching my weight, and don't top mine with the bread which drops the calories down to 250 per serving- and it has lots of fiber and protein to boot!
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- 14 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces turkey sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups French bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat. Remove to a plate.
- Add the celery, carrot, and onion to the pan. "Sweat" for ten minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except bread and butter in a casserole pan, crumbling the sausage.
- Top with bread and cover with foil.
- Bake for twenty minutes, then remove foil, drizzling butter over the bread.
- Bake uncovered for and additional 8-10 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- HINT: We have also substituted pre-buttered garlic bread from the store, placing it butter side up, for the same effect with even more flavor.