Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Found this newspaper clipping tucked away among some old papers I was searching through, but don't know what newspaper it came from. Sounds perfect for these cold nights!
Top Review by Lilys Chef
Great soup, doesn't take long to make and has a lot more flavor than other cabbage soups I have tried. My neighbor brought me a basketball size cabbage out of his garden today and I used about a 1/4 of it to make a big pot of this soup. This one's a keeper for sure.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces beef sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cups beef stock
- 8 ounces kidney beans, with liquid
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 6 new potatoes, quartered (do not peel)
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- Saute onions and garlic just until soft and transparent. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add sausage chunks to pan and brown all over, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return onions and garlic to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often to keep from burning.
- Reduce heat, simmer 45-60 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.