Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just tried this recipe as a new meal tonight and it will definately be a keeper. I got it out of a " Taste of Home Quick Cooking" book. Was easy to make and big on taste! I tweeked it just a bit but the end results are still the same.
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, fully cooked and diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I used 32 oz.)
- 1 celery rib, sliced (I used 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used half & half)
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Drain and set aside.
- In large stock pot, add begetables, seasonings, and broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till soft.
- Add sausage, milk, and cheese.
- Cook on low heat setting till hot.
- Serve with crusty bread.
We loved this hearty soup!!! Perfect combination of ingredients that is full of flavor, filling and oh so satisfying. My husband insists that I make this again and again. I am so glad I found this recipe. Thanks for sharing, KGCOOK.
My husband and I loved this soup! We had some friends over the next day and they scraped the pot clean. Next time we make this my husband suggested substituting a broccoli/cauliflower mixture for the potatoes/corn. Thanks for posting!
Oh so yummy! I was out of celery so threw in a dash of celery seed. I also put in fresh onion and garlic, double the cheese and sausage. The whole family had seconds! A definite keeper for a quick and tasty fall/winter dinner!