1/3 Photos of Sausage and Potato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
I just tried this recipe as a new meal tonight and it will definately be a keeper. I got it out of a " Taste of Home Quick Cooking" book. Was easy to make and big on taste! I tweeked it just a bit but the end results are still the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb kielbasa or 1/2 lb Polish sausage, fully cooked and diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I used 32 oz.)
- 1 celery rib, sliced (I used 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used half & half)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1Brown sausage in a skillet.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In large stock pot, add begetables, seasonings, and broth.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer till soft.
- 5Add sausage, milk, and cheese.
- 6Cook on low heat setting till hot.
- 7Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 657.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g