Recipe by Chief Jack
This stuff is so good even my mother liked it!!! Goes great with a mixed salad and garilc bread.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 medium sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 8 roma tomatoes, sliced to 1/8 inch half moons
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning mix
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin and brown the sausage, remove the excess fat from the pan, add the onions and saute until clear.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and peppers and saute a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the mushrooms, cover the pan and remove from the heat.
- Put the Linguini on to boil.
- In a large bowl, mix the beaten eggs, Ricotta, salt and seasoning.
- When the pasta is just shy of cooked, drain and put it in a large bowl and add all the cooked ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly oil or spray a large spring-form pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cover with Mozzarella slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated, 325 oven to an internal temp is 140 or until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan sides and slice into wedges to serve.