Recipe by Stardustannie
A meal in it's self when served with some nice crusty bread.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Recipe Swap #21 Aus/NZ. This was a very tasty soup. I love lentils, but my family isn't crazy about them - at least that's what they tell me - they liked this soup - go figure. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting this Stardustannie!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large yellow onions, Chopped
- 300 g brown lentils
- 3 carrots, Chopped Fine
- 3 celery ribs, Chopped Fine
- 2 large tomatoes, Chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock (Cubes Are Fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 500 g thin beef sausages
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lentils and pick through.
- Heat oil in large pan; cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Stir in stock, tomato puree, lentils,tomato and carrot.
- Simmer for about 3/4 hour or until lentils and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile cook sausages, until brown all over and cooked through.
- Drain sausages on absorbent paper, slice then add to soup.
- Cook uncovered till hot. Add pepper to taste.