Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Walmart Family 2005 Cookbook.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces success boil in bag instant brown rice (2 bags)
- 16 -19 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 10 ounces whole kernel corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, in large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently to break up sausage. Remove sausage from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm. Drain excess fat from skillet.
- In same skillet cook onion for 2 minutes. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, corn sausage and cooked rice. Heat through. To serve, sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 6 to 8.
I would make this again! I used chicken sausage, a can of Ro-tel("mild",tomatoes/green chilies), & frozen corn without the peppers. Sprinkled cheddar cheese on top since thats all I had. Like the previous reviewer, we're garlic lovers, so I added 2 cloves minced garlic. Yum.
Yummy!! Yummy!! Made this for my dinner tonight and enjoyed it very much. I did add a little garlic, well... maybe a lot of garlic. Added a tad more seasoning. I like the spice! I also used my trinity seasoning,of which I always keep a supply in the freezer. I also had the rice in the freezer. When you're cooking for one you're always doing OAMC. Thanks for posting chris_tam. It's a keeper for me.