Recipe by AmandaF
I received this recipe from my mothers best friend Lucy. This is one of my favorite meals. This is a great dish for pot-lucks. It would also be great on a cold winters night. I also like to make it a day or two before it is to be eaten.
- 2 packages smoked sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 large onions
- 2 -3 green peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 large potatoes, sliced to 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet to medium heat.
- Brown sausage well, When finished put the sausage into a large casserole dish.
- Brown the stew beef and add to the sausage.
- Sauté onion and garlic till tender.
- Add green peppers cook additional minute.
- Add into meat.
- Stir-fry potatoes a little and add to meat.
- Add beans, bouillon and seasonings.
- Stir well.
- Cover and bake 350 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.