Recipe by Mimi Hall
This can be used for poultry and will provide enough stuffing for a 20 pound bird. Personally I like this particular stuffing recipe for a pork roast.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 links sweet Italian sausage, diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 12 cups day old French bread
- 2 cups chicken stock (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauté pan or stockpot, over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté sausage.
- Add the apples, onions and celery and cook until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Stuff the turkey or bake covered for 55 minutes at 375º F, the last 10 minutes uncovered.
- Makes enough to stuff a 20-pound turkey.
- The amount of liquid will vary due to the moisture content of the bread. The stuffing should be moist, but not saturated.