Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This was my Great Grandmother's recipe, a bit like coleslaw without the mayo. The cooking time is actually the chilling time.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) can sauerkraut
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup sugar
- cider vinegar, recipe calls for a little
- Wash the sauerkraut in a colander and thoroughly drain.
- Cut the drained sauerkraut with kitchen shears.
- Combine all ingredients, mix and chill atleast overnight.