Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different summer salad to serve with grilled foods. I got the recipe years ago from the label on a can of Frank's Sauerkraut. Easy to make and always a hit with those who like sauerkraut a little bit sweet. This keeps well and can be made in advance.I have cut back a bit on the sugar togive the kraut a little more tang.
- 1 (16 ounce) canfrank's sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- salt & pepper
- Drain canned kraut.Chop celery, green pepper,& onion fine. Mix vegetables into sauerkraut. Add sugar and season to taste with salt & pepper. Let stand in refrigerator to chill and let flavors blend.
This is what I've been looking for. I grew up in Mansfield OH. A restaurant (Creamer's no longer there) served this as an appetizer along with sweet pickles & hot peppers.I loved this kraut and have been trying to duplicate since. You got it! Thanks. (Only thing I change is rinse kraut and then chop finer, that's it!) Once again thank you!
Good salad and easy to make. I used 4 equal packets for a half a recipe. I served this with grilled burgers. Thanks for the recipe.