1/2 Photos of Sauerkraut Balls Baked
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
I wanted to find a different way of making the balls so I gave it a try in the oven.You do not need to use all the crumbs, if you have some left over,give them to the birds. For those of you whom would rather bake than deep fry, give these a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage in a skillet,drain and remove. Brown onion and garlic until lightly golden.Set aside and let cool.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix sauerkraut and cream cheese at room tempture. Then add the parsley,mustard and pepper mixing well.After cooling add the sausage,onion and garlic to the kraut mixture.Let the mixture set over night,the longer the better.
- 3In a shallow bowl beat eggs and milk together.In a bowl next to the milk and egg bath.
- 4Mix the bread crumbs and flour together in a food processor or blender to get them very fine.
- 5Roll the kraut mixture into 1 inch balls. Dredge in the egg and milk bath, then roll in the bread crumbs.
- 6Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes uncovered or until lightly browned. Bake Uncovered.This will make 50 large and 100 small balls.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Balls Baked
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 1991.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g