Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice change of pace from the everyday burger.
Make and share this Sauerbraten Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the crushed gingersnaps.
- Combine remaining gingersnaps, 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce, onions, raisins, and salt.
- Add meat; mix well.
- Shaped into four 1.2 in thick patties.
- Brown in skillet; drain off fat.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, mustard and pepper.
- Pour over burgers.
- Cover; simmer for 10-15 minutes, spooning sauce over meat.
- Remove burgers.
- Stir the reserved 2 tbsp into sauce in skillet.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Return burgers to skillet; heat through.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles.
I made these burgers for Chic Chefs during Zarr World Tour 4. There burgers have a wonderful flavor. THe meat mix was just a bit soft to my taste and there wasn't enough of the wonderful sauce, just personal preference. Next time I'm going to put all of the tomato sauce into the sauce instead of part into the meat. I did use raisins, they add so much to the flavor. I will surely make this again. Thanks, Julie