Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice change of pace from the everyday burger.
Make and share this Sauerbraten Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the crushed gingersnaps.
- Combine remaining gingersnaps, 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce, onions, raisins, and salt.
- Add meat; mix well.
- Shaped into four 1.2 in thick patties.
- Brown in skillet; drain off fat.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, mustard and pepper.
- Pour over burgers.
- Cover; simmer for 10-15 minutes, spooning sauce over meat.
- Remove burgers.
- Stir the reserved 2 tbsp into sauce in skillet.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Return burgers to skillet; heat through.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles.