Recipe by Mary Butterfield
Much like eggs benedict but with a sauce made of cream of chicken soup
Top Review by Mrs. DLS
I love, love, love eggs benedict but have been afraid of making them at home. This recipe satisfies my craving for benedict and Mr. DLS loved it too. I didn't bake mine, just made the sauce and simmered it for about 20 minutes. Poached my eggs and then followed the rest of the directions.
- 6 slices bacon, fried with 1 tbsp of fat
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in bacon fat.
- Stir in milk, cream of chicken soup and mustard- heat until warm.
- Place sauce in greased 9x13 pan.
- Break eggs on top of sauce- cover with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place 1 egg and sauce on toasted english muffin.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.