Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The satay sauce can be made 2-3 days in advanced and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. To use it, reheat it in the microwave. This sauce for dipping goes very well with the fried beef meatballs that I have also posted.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemongrass
- Process peanuts until finely chopped.
- Add peanuts to small pan with remaining ingredients.
- Stir over heat without boiling until heated through.
This was just delicious. I used 3/4 cup of peanut butter instead of peanuts.
Made this sauce to accompany my Chicken Satay. Although I omitted the lemongrass, the remaining ingredients still yield an outstanding sauce. I used the leftover sauce on grilled chicken, a delicious match. So simple and easy to prepare.