Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer for any occasion or you may even have it as a main course. My husband looked at me like I had lost my mind but I told him to try and we have this at least 2 times a month. Even picky children will like it. Serve in a bowl on a cold winter day or even eat with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb processed cheese food, cubed (eg. Velveeta)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- In a large stock pot combine browned beef, diced onion, tomatoes with liquid, stewed tomatoes with chilies, corn with liquid, Ranch-style beans with liquid, and cubed processed cheese.
- Simmer on low heat until the cheese is melted and the onion is tender.
- Serve hot in a bowl by itself or with some tortilla chips as a dip.