Recipe by Susie in Texas
Mix this up in the morning before you leave for work. When you get home in the evening, take it from the freezer and let it thaw slightly while you change clothes or start dinner. Especially refreshing on hot summer evenings.
Top Review by Rosealicious Chef
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is WAY better then the Sangria slush I've had in bars!!! I've added 2 cups of OJ & it was great! Everyone's asking me for the recipe! What I like about this is that it's a real time-saver because it's made ahead of time. I will defiantly be entertaining with this again. I'm planning to make some wine glass tags, pack them up with this recipe and give them as favors to dinner guests. Thank you Susie!!
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple
- 591.47 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml sugar
- lemon, rind of, for garnish if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Several hours before serving: Blend pineapple, red wine, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a blender at high speed for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Be sure all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 9 inch baking pan or something similar.
- FREEZE mixture in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, take pan from freezer and let stand at room temp until softened.
- Stir with a spoon until semi-thawed then spoon into wine glasses.
- Garnish with lemon peel, if desired.