Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother is a wonderful cook. She makes this pasta salad that I LOVE! It is simple and easy to make. It is not one of those nasty pasta salads that you think of getting at a family reunion.
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) box small shell pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip makes it too sweet)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse pasta under cold water till cool, Drain WELL!
- Add chopped tomato, cucumber, and green onions.
- Mix in mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve cold.
- My mother mentioned that sometimes she adds 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and that she doesn't add the pepper till she is ready to eat it. I don't do any of that.
We really enjoyed this and it was quick and simple. I added a little garlic powder to it just to jazz it up a little. Thanks for posting.
I thought this was a pretty good simple salad. It would be great for a potluck or BBQ. I used large shell pasta (what I had on hand) It had a bit too much mayo for my taste. I think that next time I would use 3/4-1/2 a cup. I would also add some garlic or some bacon bits to top. It was very fast though and tastes better the second day. Thanks so much! Made for Fall PAC 2008