Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom made this for years at our church auction. Everyone wanted to buy what was leftover and would bring quart and gallon jars to take it home in. This is great chili and is not spicy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown ground beef and onion together in oil. Drain.
- Add remaining ingrediants and heat through till warmed.
- *I like to brown the meat and onion, drain, then put all ingrediants in crockpot and cook on low for hours so the flavors all flow together.
This is good but I would doctor it some before making it again. I love garlic in my chili and would use tomato juice vs. tomato soup, if I were making it again. Thanks Sandi