Recipe by Sous Chef Sue
Make sure to let these cool a bit before rolling them in the sugar, or else it will become gummy!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Good cookies that were not overly sweet! They have a shortbread taste to them and the powdered sugar gave it a little sweetness without making them too sweet. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, add water and vanilla, mix well.
- Blend in flour and nuts, chill 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into balls or fingers on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool slightly, roll in confectioners' sugar.