Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick, easy recipe for those hot summer evenings when you don't feel like cooking. I cook the chicken breasts early in the morning and just chop up the rest and throw it all together when we're ready to eat.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup roasted salted cashews
- chow mein noodles, for crunch (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Dressing: Blend all ingredients until smooth in blender.
- (Can prepare 1 day ahead.) Salad: Combine all ingredients and toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Although I didn't have this salad personally, many of my card friends did Tuesday. It was reported to be "deliciously, refreshingly different." All the ladies asked for the recipe and once I found out the name, it wasn't long before I found it here on "zaar". (There isn't much I can't find on this wonderful site.)I will make this very soon! But, how can this recipe have 720 calories per serving??