Recipe by HeatherN
This is from my Mom. It's a little different than the other recipes posted, so I'm going to go ahead and post it. Tastes just like a Payday candy bar. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients, except for marshmallows. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over the crust and bake an additional 1-2 minutes longer.
- Allow to cool while preparing the topping.
- In a large saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon over the marshmallow crust and spread to cover.