Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use this with cinnamon rolls in the icing, or warm it and drizzle it over ice cream ... heck you can just sit and eat it with a spoon it is such yummy goodness!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces salted butter, the better you can get, the better it will taste
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, at room temperature
- Melt the sugar over medium to moderately high heat in a larger pot than you think you’ll need – at least a two or three quart pot, whisking or stirring the sugar as it melts to ensure it heats evenly. Cook the liquefied sugar to a nice, dark copper color.
- Add the butter all at once and stir it in, before turning off the stove and pour in the heavy cream (The sauce will foam up quite a bit when you add it; this is why you want the larger pot.), whisking it until you get a smooth sauce.
- You can use it right away or pour it into a jar and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you take it out, it will likely have thickened a bit but 60 seconds in the microwave brings it right back to pouring consistency.