Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The blue cheese makes this shrimp dish different and appealing.
For blue-cheese dip
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch celery, cut into sticks
For shrimp sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 2 -4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 lbs shrimp, in shells (16 to 20 large per lb)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Make dip: Purée blue cheese, oil, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in cream.
- Serve dip with celery.
- Make sauce: Stir together sauce ingredients.
- Cook shrimp: Devein shrimp.
- Toss with kosher salt and cracked pepper to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook shrimp in batches, without crowding, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed.
- Transfer to a large bowl as cooked.
- Add sauce to shrimp and toss well to coat.