Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 scallions
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper
- 13 ounces tomatillos (fresh or canned)
- 4 ounces mild green peppers (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drop the garlic through the feed tube of a food processor with the metal blade in place and motor running to chop finely (about 10 seconds.) Add the scallions, parsley, cilantro, and jalapeno and chop finely (about 6 pulses of the motor).
- Add the tomatillos and process until pureed, about 5 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse 2 times to mix.
- Refrigerate, covered.
We do not eat pickled jalapenos in this house unless they are homemade and I was out of them, so I substituted 1 fressh jalapeno and 1 fresh serrano for the pickled jalapeno and the hot sauce.