Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice alternative to regular salsa.
- 3 cups finely chopped tomatillos, seperated (Approx. 12 medium)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped,with stems,seeds and membrane removed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In medium saucepan, cook 2 cups tomatillos, garlic, salt and water until soft.
- (approx. 15 minutes) Let cool slightly.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Add pepper, oil, and cilantro and puree again.
- Add remaining tomatillos and stir.
- Serve with chips, pitas, whatever!
This is the type of Salsa Verde I like and can not find it in stores. Thank you for posting this. I love it.