Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is quick salsa that is quite flavorful. after chopping the cilantro and dicing the Serrano just plop it all in the food processor and blend. If you want it hot use the entire Serrano - I always take the seeds out. I hope you like it. The canned tomatoes make it quick. Take it up a notch and add volume by draining and adding canned corn or black beans.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunts fire roasted diced tomatoes (with or without garlic)
- 1⁄2 diced serrano pepper, without seeds
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel, drained (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup black beans, drained (optional)
- Chop the cilantro and dice the Serrano.
- Add all ingredients (except corm and beans) in to the food processor. Blend. If you want more heat use the entire Serrano - I always take the seeds out.
- Take it up a notch and add volume by adding canned corn or drained black beans after the food processor. Just drain and discard the liquid and stir in beans and / or corn.
- If you have the will power let it chill 10-15 minutes to enhance flavors.