Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light. I would use my immersion blender for this soup.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high. Add garlic; saute 1 minute Stir in water, chipotle powder, beans and salsa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minute
- Place 3 cups of black bean mixture in blender; process til smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Stir in lime juice; simmer 10 minute Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.