Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple salsa recipe that I can make when tomatoes are not growing in my back yard. It is quick and easy but sooo good.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 onion, rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Pour 3/4 of the can on tomatoes into the blender along with the onion, garlic, lime juice, seasoning salt and 1/2 of the green chilis.
- Blend for about a minute or until the onion and garlic are well blended with the tomato.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in the remaining tomato, green chilis as well as the cilantro an green onions. Mix well and refrigerate for about an hour.
I have made this several times now as the ingredients are typically on hand and we LOVE fresh salsa. I believe the fridge time is a must for the flavors to meld together. Even better the next day!
So good and so easy. I loved it!