Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Internet recipe that worked well for us.
- 12 cups tomatoes, grind in blender
- 5 cups bell peppers, seeded, grind in blender
- 5 cups onions, grind in blender
- 1 1⁄2 cups jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- In a large pot, combine all but tomato paste.
- Simmer until desired consistency.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Ladle hot salsa into sterilized, hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process 15 minutes in hot water bath.
- Note: The more jalapeno peppers you add, the hotter it will be. Add less for milder salsa and more for hotter salsa.
the flavor is not bad it just has a sour taste to it. It can be overcome by adding a little sugar
We really enjoyed this salsa with some corn chips. I cut down the serving size to 1 pint and substituted fresh cilantro to ground cilantro/coriander because I didn't have any at home, also added 1 tablespoon of jalapenos because Little Miss (DD 4 years old) ate some as well. I really enjoyed the tasted, thank you for posting Trip