Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canned sliced green chiles, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, jalapenos and cilantro in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on low to desired smoothness.
I loved this! I made this for my daughters fiesta party and we liked it so much I tripled the recipe and canned it. I will never buy salsa again.
This recipe gets the highest marks available. I found this to be a simple, easy and delicious salsa recipe. I prefer "chunkless" salsa because I do not care for peppers of any kind or onions, but this recipe was fantastic. I simply minced all the vegetables in my little food chopper and it turned out perfect. I canned 8 quart jars and I will be canning another batch probably next week. I can't keep it. Excellent recipe post. Thank you very much.
I thought this tasted just like salsa at the restaurant. Very good. This first time I put too much onion (they were big onions) so I cut it for the next batch. The key ingredient is the lime juice. I also blended the salsa until it was mush.