Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy take on a sandwich sold by vendors along Rio de Janeiro’s beaches is packed with grated vegetables, sweet raisins, fresh lime juice, and cilantro.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups roasted chicken meat, shredded (homemade or from a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 large celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup beet, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted if desired
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of the lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the chicken, raisins, celery, and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, combine the oil with the remaining 1 tbsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix in the carrots, beets, and cilantro.
- Put a lettuce leaf on 4 of the bread slices, then top with the chicken salad, carrot mixture, another lettuce leaf, and another slice of bread.