Recipe by Pepper Monkey
The veggetable and rice salad compliments the broiled salmon in this perfectly for a one dish meal that is quick and easy to make on a busy night, but when you want something that tastes like it took much more effort. For a good variation for the land lovers in your family, try chicken instead of salmon.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 scallions
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice or 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs center cut salmon fillets (4 pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, 1 table spoon oil, sugar and cayenne in a bowl.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Stir in rice, carrots and cucumbers.
- Add cilantro, scallions.
- Coat salmon with remaining oil, and broil until just done.
- Serve on top of rice salad.