Recipe by ~Rebecca~
Found this Rachael Ray recipe in May's Cosmo. Tried it and was a big hit!
Top Review by sugarpea
This is one great recipe, Rebecca. I made it with Ahi tuna and since we're trying to avoid sugar whenever possible, I substituted olive oil for the honey. It was terrific. Made with fresh corn, there was just a hint of sweetness in my favorite part, the bean and corn salad. I'd make this recipe for the salad alone. It's that good. I let the bean and corn salad chill before serving on the bed of spinach. Give this one a try. You won't be sorry.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons honey (3 gobs)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed & drained
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 T of olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a shallow dish, combine juice of one lime, honey, chili powder, salt & pepper. Add salmon fillets to lime-honey mixture and toss to coat. Place seasoned salmon in hot skillet with remaining olive oil and cook about 3-4 min on each side.
- Add bell peppers and corn to the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and cook for 2 minute Add the black beans and cook until heated. Remove skillet from heat and add juice of 2nd lime, cilantro and spinach. Toss, taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve salmon on top of salad.