Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A savory salmon quiche, good for pot luck dinners.
- 15 ounces canned pink salmon or 15 ounces red salmon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Prepare a quiche or pie pan with oil or baking spray.
- Drain the salmon and save the liquid in a measuring cup
- Add water to the liquid to make 1/2 cup.
- Flake the salmon and remove any skin or bones.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, and salmon liquid in a large bowl
- Stir in the salmon, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, and dill.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche is firm in center.
The boys and I really enjoyed your quiche recipe. I used two small cans and just crushed the bones & skin and mixed it all in. My 10yo is not fond of almonds so I omitted them and we made the quiche in a muffin stone so the leftovers would be easier to freeze for quick lunches. Thanks for posting Larry. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)