Recipe by James Craig
This is an adaptation of a recipe found in the "Arizona Republic" and "Sunset Magazine". Cooking time includes over night refrigeration plus the microwave time of 18 minutes.
Top Review by nschorn
This turned out fantastic. It was very filling and satisfying and I\\\'m quite sure you could substitute tuna for the salmon if you like. I, however, baked it in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes instead of microwaving. Thanks for the wonderful recipe
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Place 1 cup croutons in a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole.
- Sprinkle 1 cup salmon and 1 cup cheese over croutons.
- Beat eggs and blend in milk, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and salt.
- Pour over salmon mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Microwave on high 8-10 minutes.
- Microwave at 70% power 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes.